Wednesday, October 20, 2010

the beginning of the end, and to a new beginning

If that makes any sense...

So update time! Basically I'm almost all clear for any kinds of foods - I started eating clementines last week which is a big deal, because up til last week I wasn't allowed to eat "sour"/acidic foods. I've been tolerating pretty well, praise God! I've also had hot pot last week, which I know is kind of early, but I LOVE hot pot, especially my mommy's sauce with stinky tofu and shachajiang and other stuff. TOP SECRET haha. She accidentally made it really spicy the first time, and I had some - but it didn't hurt my tummy. (Though I'm sure it would have, if I kept it up...I'm sure) So that means I can tolerate a little bit of spicy and acidic now, which is a big deal.

Once I get my immunization shots, then I can go out and hopefully eat a hamburger! Yay!
Oh I made some more food, that I have pictures for.
I tried to make some french toast with bacon and raspberries for my brother one morning.
And I made some steak and mashed potatoes for dinner once. Yummy! I overcooked it though...but I can't have like bloody meat so, I guess I have an excuse...

Also, last Saturday, I went "mountain" climbing at Eno River State Park. I think the highest point there was 700 feet, which I suppose is a mini-mountain in this state. I made it almost to the top of the 700 feet, but GOSH, climbing up that steep of a mountain was very difficult for me. BUT I ALMOST MADE IT! I walked like two miles, about, that day - that's pretty good for me now! I have some pictures. It was very beautiful...I'm so happy when I don't have to be stuck at home, it's really depressing being home all the time.
The suspension bridge at the Eno River - very freaaaky!
The river!, before climbing up the big stinky, steep mountain. I look terrible. yuuucky.

Oh I went to adventure landing to play a while back, I think I mentioned it. Here's go carts!
Yay for fun!
<3

3 comments:

  1. hi sarah,

    sorry i haven't really been in touch! i've been following your blog and praying for you occasionally, and i'm glad to see that you are doing much much better. praise God! i would love to chat with you just to catch up sometime and hear how you are doing :) shoot met a fb message or something and we can swap gchat/swype names or something! keep staying strong and positive!
    -susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sarah! you look beautiful. and your food looks yummy, I would eat it.

    ♥ rachel yip

    ReplyDelete